- An immersive private full-day tour from Athens to Delphi
- Visit a place of great spiritual power and alluring beauty and discover the navel of the Earth
- 2,5-hour Delphi archaeological site and museum guided tour
- Get a taste of local life intel both from your tour driver and guide
- Private services of a high-calibre licensed tour guide
- Private services of an “Insider” driver
- Customized to your wishes and whims
Delphi, The Navel of the Earth
Nowadays a Unesco monument, the mythical “center of the earth”, hosted antiquity's perhaps most sacred site: The Mediterranean’s supreme Oracle in which the legendary Pythia delivered her cryptic predictions to men and states alike. A place of intense beauty and magic, Delphi beckons contemporary visitors to join in the steps of ancient pilgrims: Discover the Castalian Spring - allegedly created by Pegasus and favored by the Muses- in which oracular priestesses bathed. Walk on the Sacred Road leading to Apollo’s Temple; marvel at the elaborate voting offerings and the Treasury of the Athenians on the way. Admire the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, a most photogenic masterpiece of Classical architecture. Explore the Theater and Stadium of Delphi, where the Pythian Games honoring Apollo were held: After the Olympics, these were the 2nd most important games in ancient Greece!
The Archaeological Museum of Delphi
One of the most fascinating museums in the country, it is laden with treasures excavated on the site. Spot the differences on the bronze Charioteer of Delphi: Created in memory of a Pythian Games victory, this masterpiece’s face seems completely different, depending on which side you look! Make sure to admire the haunting Naxian Sphinx, once guarding Apollo’s Temple; and the friezes from the Siphnian and the Athenian Treasuries: Music fans will be fascinated to discover that the latter contains what seems to be the first recorded melody ever!
Delphi, Myths and Monuments
As he makes his way to Delphi, Pausanias complains that the road ‘is precipitous and difficult even for an active man’. This does seem a remote location for such a major sanctuary, yet it ensured that Delphi was in neutral territory, away from the political power brokers. Furthermore, the sanctuary is peripheral but not isolated. It could be reached by sea and was just off one of the main routes north. The Greeks believed that Delphi was the centre of the world and from their point of view this is quite understandable.
What you see
- Archaeological Site of Delphi, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Archaeological Museum of Delphi
- Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia
- Treasuries of the Athenians
- Theater and Stadium of Delphi
- Kastalian Spring
- Temple of Apollo
- Oracle of Delphi
- Arachova Village or Monastery of Hosios Loukas
Indicative & Customizable
- Starting Point: A chauffeur-driven private vehicle will pick you up from your location
- Drive to Delphi
- 2.5-hour guided tour in the Archaeological site and the Museum of Delphi
- Free time for lunch, shopping at the picturesque town of Delphi
- Visit Arachova village or Monastery of Hosios Loukas
- Drive back to Athens
- Ending Point: Drop off location
This tour is private and can be customized to your wishes and whims
- Private Transport by Luxurious Mercedes Vehicles (no taxi)
- English speaking Chauffeur - "Tour Insider"
- State-Licensed Tourist Guide – English speaking (2,5h)
- Hotel pick up/drop-off service (Athens Central Hotels)
- On Board - Mini Fridge (Bottled Water & Refreshments), WiFi, USB chargers
- Additional visit: Arachova village or Monastery of Hosios Loukas
- Vehicles: Mercedes-Benz Black E-Class, V-Class, Sprinter MiniBus (depends on the group size)
- All taxes
Optionals - Upgrades:
- State-Licensed Tourist Guide: Escorts you for the entire tour (10h)
- Entry / Admission Tickets: Preorder & Skip-the-lines
- Pick up/drop-off service: available for other locations in Attica
- Guide's other languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Pусский, Português, 中国, etc
All options are available upon request and extra charges may apply
About the provider
Unbesorgt buchenWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.