Vikos Gorge Crossing! A fascinating hike in one of the most stunning gorges of Europe.
At a Glance
Vikos Gorge is part of the 12,600 hectare Vikos-Aoos National Park and has been listed in the Guinness book of records as the deepest canyon worldwide in proportion to its width. It is definitely a spectacular sight! It is accessible from several points, including the gravity-defying cliff-face monastery of Agia Paraskevi at its southern end and the ridge-top village of Vikos at the other. The landscape of the 20 km long gorge is extremely diverse and is characterized by abrupt changes in altitude. The Vikos Gorge has been carved over millions of years by the Voidomatis River, a tributary of the Aoös River. As it splits the mountain in half, its slopes expose rock formations of limestone and dolomite, dating back to 150 million years . Its vertical cliffs rise up to a height of 1700 meters.
- Hike the world’s deepest canyon
- A UNESCO Global Geo park
- Discover the beauty of Voidomatis springs
- Live an unforgettable experience
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
- Greek traditional picnic lunch
- Hiking poles
- Backpack / 4 participants
- Waterproof poncho jacket for the rainy days
You Should Bring with you:
- Small backpack
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or beanie sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
- Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.