- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Balos Bay lagoon
- Climb the Venetian Fortress on Gramvousa Island for unique views
- Relax on gorgeous Gramvousa Beach
Discover the westernmost tip of Crete on a scenic bus and boat trip to Gramvousa Island and Balos Bay. Dip your toes in the soft white sand of some of the most beautiful beaches you ever have seen!
Depart Rethymno at approximately 07:45 and travel by bus along the new national road towards the westernmost tip of Crete. Pass the bay of Souda and the former Cretan capital of Chania before your arrival in Kissamos.
Upon arrival, climb aboard a boat and cross to Balos Bay at the northernmost tip of the peninsula. Relax on the 1-hour boat trip, and get 2.5 hours at Balos Bay to enjoy the soft white sands and unique blue and green waters of the lagoon.
Next, take a 20-minute boat ride to Gramvousa Island for plenty of time to enjoy an unforgettable swim in the crystal clear waters. If you are feeling energetic, take an optional 137-meter climb up to the 16th-century Venetian Fortress for an incomparable view of the surrounding surroundings.
Enjoy approximately 1.5 hours at peace on Gramvousa Island, and then take a 1-hour boat ride back to Kissamos. Upon arrival, continue to Rethymno by bus at the end of the laid-back tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (in Panormo, Scaleta, Adele, Platanias, Missiria, Rethymno town, Atsipopoulo, Sfakaki, Stavromenos, Kavros and Georgioupoli)
- Bus ticket
- Guide in English, German, French or Russian
- Boat ticket to Gramvousa island and Balos lagoon(€29 per adult and children 5 - 12 years €14.50, to be paid in cash on spot)
- Entrance ticket to the Venetian Fortress (€1)
- No pickup from remote hotels such as Grand Rimondi (pick up is from Creta star bus stop)
Not suitable for
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
Know before you go
• Pick-up begins earlier than tour starting time and is done only from Panormo, Scaleta, Adele, Platanias, Missiria, Rethymno town, Atsipopoulo, Kavros and Georgioupoli
• the local partner will make sure you don't wait at a ticket line
• Walking shoes are necessary for the climb to the Venetian Fortress (entry fee 1€ paid on site)
• Lunch and water can be purchased on the boat
Explore more things to do
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.