- Enjoy a digital audio tour on your Android or iOS smartphone
- Explore at your own pace the haunting site of Mycenae
- Experience the tales of Homer come alive
- Discover one of the oldest Greek civilizations
- Marvel at the famed Lion Gate and the Tomb of Agamemnon
Travel to the dawn of history with the mythical tales of Homer and visit the citadel of Mycenae set amidst the gently sloping hills of Argolis accompanied by a self-guided audio tour on your phone.
Your tour begins at the entrance of the archaeological site, where, upon encountering the massive Cyclopean walls of Mycenae, you will listen to the fascinating tales about its construction by one-eyed giants and the mythical founding of the city. The crime of Tantalus, the progenitor of the royal family is nothing less but an omen of the curse which befell the House of Atreus and all the terrible stories you are going to hear once you walk below the imposing Lion Gate of the Mycenaean citadel. As you experience the site, feeling its pervasive mysterious aura, you will follow in the footsteps of its early inhabitants while your audio guide will shed light upon various aspects of daily life, fashion, eating habits, and funerary traditions of a civilization lost in prehistory. You will weave through the ruins where the so-called Mask of Agamemnon was unearthed by the famed archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann. Finally, your tour culminates with the massive beehive tomb, once believed to be the burial site of King Agamemnon. There you will admire its jaw-dropping tholos and learn about the king’s murder by his vengeful queen, the notorious Clytemnestra!
When back from Mycenae, you will know for good that myths are not always children's stories and that sometimes archaeological findings, before unearthed, were washed in blood!
- Self-guided audio tour in English for your smartphone (Android & iOS)
- Secure promo code to access the tour
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site of Mycenae, the Museum & the Treasury of Atreus
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Go:
- Mobile signal may be weak at the site(s). Download your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit to fully enjoy it.
- After booking, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat or sunscreen (during spring and summer).
- It is better to have the tour before the sunset and preferably in the morning.
- Kindly note that the archaeological site of Mycenae and the Treasury of Atreus are two separate archaeological sites and the latter is located a mere 10-minute walk away. Visitors taking the tour will first explore the archaeological site and then they shall continue to visit the Treasury of Atreus
- Please consider that the audio tour covers the areas of the archaeological site and the Treasury of Atreus. It doesn’t include a tour of the museum
About the provider
Clio Muse Tours
Explore more things to do
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.