- Enjoy a refreshing Greek yoghurt and some delicious ‘loukoumades’ in the oldest dairy shop in Athens
- Taste bougoutsa (sweet or savoury) the iconic Greek pie!
- Try traditional brewed Greek coffee
- Explore Varvakeios! The local vibrant fish and meat market
- Sample top-quality Greek delicacies such as cheese, cold cuts, olives, honey and many more
- Finish off with a fish or meat mezze (the Greek tapas) and wash it down with a glass of Greek wine or a spirit!
Fulfill your food-tasting desires by participating in a food tour of Athens, specifically designed to give you an unforgettable experience! Discover these iconic Greek delicacies in a food tour taking place in the picturesque, old districts of Athens.
Begin your day with breakfast in a charming little dairy shop in Omonia square. The food tour starts by tasting the famously delicious
Greek yogurt served with honey and nuts and Greece’s ancestor of the doughnut “loukoumades”.Next, stroll the famous ”Varvakios” food market, a vibrant, popular place with the locals, where you can buy a wide range of traditional Mediterranean fresh goods such as meat, fish, cheese, and all kinds of vegetables and fruit. From there, experience a colorful pallet of original Greek produce, like the world-renowned Cretan cheese, cured meats, olives, and traditional Greek rusks in a series of quaint Greek delis.
Complete your food tour in the typical Greek way by getting to experience the beloved Greek ‘mezze’ with the alcohol that packs a punch, tsipouro!
Overall, rest assured that this food tour of Athens will please anyone who dwells on traditional cuisine, or simply loves good food!
- Food and table water
- Local guide
- Alcohol in specific stops
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.