Explore the Acropolis Museum through the lives of ancient Athenians by decoding the objects of everyday life they left behind, revealing the secrets of their great long-vanished city. With this one-of-a-kind visit of the Acropolis Museum, you'll delve into their past and uncover stories from Classical Athens that are still relevant today!
- Visit the Acropolis Museum, one of the world's ten best museums (National Geographic's The Ten Best of Everything)
- Admire the most important exhibits of the Acropolis Museum you just can't miss -hand-picked among the 4,000 items on display
- Original, fun activities − an educational experience that's also entertaining
- Important insights into the lives of ancient Greeks and how they link to the present
- An interactive museum tour like no other tour you’ve done before
The Acropolis Museum is one of the world's most important museums, hosting a vast collection of beautiful objects from thousands of years ago, world-famous for its dozens of stunning ancient Greek statues, like the celebrated Acropolis Caryatids, and of course the most famous exhibit of all: the Parthenon Marbles.
On this tour of the Acropolis Museum, you'll discover that it's also home to two Athenians from the Golden Age of antiquity, whose everyday lives you'll explore as you move through the exhibits. Their personal stories are hidden in the things they left behind, the artifacts that we encounter at the Acropolis Museum today. Through a series of fun hands-on games and activities, led by our expert guide, you will really discover what life in ancient Athens was like and see the similarities - if any - with life nowadays.
As you put the pieces together and complete the fun activities in the Acropolis Museum, you'll learn a lot about ancient Greek history and culture. When you've finished this Acropolis Museum adventure, you'll know what made ancient Athens so special, and you'll understand, too, the modern relevance of its crowning glory, the Acropolis.
- English speaking licensed guide
- Customized illustrated Acropolis post card
- Entry Fees
- Food or drinks
- Please make sure you are at the tour's starting point 10' prior to the tour start time
- Entry fees are not included and will be purchased on the spot with the help of your guide.
- Tour not operating on January 1st, March 25th, May 1st, December 25th & 26th, Easter Sunday.
About the provider
Book with confidenceWe have carefully selected the most reliable providers in Greece.
Handpicked tours & activitiesAll our tours and activities have been chosen for maximum quality and reliability.
Flexible cancellation policyDiscover Greece is in close contact with providers to ensure flexibility in the event of cancellation.