Welcome to scenic seaside villages where the stories are real, the welcome is genuine and the locals are generous. During your summer holidays in Greece, you’ll stay in traditional family-owned guest villas replete with modern comforts.
You’ll taste generations-old recipes and pluck fruit from the locals’ orchards. With a glass full of raki, tsikoudia or tsipouro, you’ll toast to authentic Greece.
Summer holidays in Greece: Popular destinations
1. Crete. One of the most popular Greek islands, Crete, is one of the most authentic destinations in Greece. In the bed & breakfasts of Chania, in the restored homes of Vamos and Kapetaniana, at the eco-resort in Vlatos (that doesn’t even have electricity), in the traditional stone cottages converted into villas… you’ll find your own, traditional seaside Greek home. All around you, spectacular sights: Phaistos, Gortyna, Matala. And to complete the picture: a plate brimming with famous Cretan meze.
2. The Ionian islands: Seven beautiful Greek islands invite you to experience authentic summer holidays in Greece. Head to the traditional seaside settlement of Agios Nikitas in Lefkada and the island’s exotic beaches (Milos, Pefkoulia) with perfect conditions for wind- and kite-surfing. In Paxi and Antipaxi, you’ll find heavenly beaches, fine wines and green-silver olive groves.
3. Pelion: Beautiful villages with incredible beaches and a traditional atmosphere. Make yourself at home at the renovated grand mansions and stone guest houses (both alpine and beachside), surrounded by unspoiled nature. Picture-perfect villages overlooking the Aegean, Pelion architecture, a little train snaking through the dense forest and hiking trails.
4. The Aegean islands: Are you look for authentic summer holidays in Greece? In the small islands with their secluded, sun-kissed beaches – Schinousa, Koufonisia, Kimolo – you’ll tune in and log out. In Kalymnos, with its famous sponge divers, Ikaria, with its fun-filled village fairs, in the legendary Mastic Villages of Chios and in neoclassical Symi, you’ll instantly become a local. In Samos, Karpathos, Kassos, with their exceptional Greek cuisine, and in Limnos, you’ll understand the meaning of real hospitality. In the Cyclades, you’ll get drunk from the beauty (and the rakomelo) of Amorgos and you’ll admire the miracles of the marble sculptures of Tinos. Cycladic architecture, trekking and surfing will complete your unforgettable holiday experience in the Greek islands.
5. The Peloponnese: Stone cottages hidden amid the olive groves of Kardamyli and Mani. Old towers that have been converted to hotels welcome you with a family-friendly atmosphere and food blessed by the extra-virgin olive oil the region is famous for.
And this is just the beginning. Somewhere in between the bright sun, blue sky and seductive sea, you too will find the authentic spirit of Greece!