Luxury holidays in Greece mean five-star accommodations in landscapes of incomparable beauty that few have had the fortune to enjoy. What are the best luxury experiences in Greece? We have discovered them and are sharing them with you:
1. High-End Gastronomy: As for the taste you’re left you with, it’s pure Mediterranean, the epitome of a healthy and delicious diet. Freshly-caught seafood and organic local produce – the canvas used by internationally acclaimed chef-artists at work in the luxury resorts, hotels and restaurants. Your plates will be brimming with culinary surprises and inventive, inspired dishes. The best accompaniments to this cuisine?
Good company and a selective wine list from local and international vineyards. Memorable desserts and homemade liqueurs will be the perfect finale to your gastronomical experiences. In this landscape, in these luxurious resorts, you’ll make a promise to yourself that you’ll return, and you will, because here luxury hides unique experiences that you’ll want to have again and again.
2. VIP Services: What hides behind the VIP service in Greece? Dreamy luxury villas on the Greek islands with views of the big blue, infinity pools, gyms and personalised trainers, nannies for the kids, romantically-lit jacuzzis on your private patio, hammams, massages and spas. Butlers on call round the clock, taking care of your every desire 24 hours a day. Private parties in your villa or in your suite, event planning that will expedite your every need, including decor, music and cuisine. Private dining on your terrace or beach. Wine tours and wine tastings with knowledgeable sommeliers in vineyards and mediaeval cellars, as well as chef’s tables and tasting menus of molecular gastronomy that will seduce your senses.
High-end boutiques inside your hotel selling jewellery, designer clothes and accessories and handmade souvenirs. Personal stylists on call for your evening appearances and nights on the town. Limousines and chauffeurs to drive you to surrounding sights, concerts and recitals. Private tours in archaeological sites and museums. Helicopter flights above the Aegean to see the islands and islets from above, or to island hop. Exceptional dinners and massages onboard luxury yachts and sailboats that will guide you along the glassy water to secluded islets and coves. Security services and Lear jets. The dream is there is to be lived.
3. Shopping: In Greece’s luxury destinations, you’ll find the best shopping. Mykonos’ Hora is famous for its smart and swanky shopping: designer stores, art galleries and handmade gifts and jewellery designed by skilled Greek artists. The same goes for Fira and Oira in Santorini, Rhode’s Old town, Kos, Corfu, Patmos, Lesvos and practically all of Crete. In Athens and Thessaloniki, shopping is elevated to another dimension.
In the centre of Athens, on Voukourestiou St and in Kolonaki, you’ll find high-end jewellry shops. You’ll walk down Ermou, the famous pedestrian shopping street that boasts all types of stores. In Plaka you’ll discover picturesque shops with high-end souvenirs and in Monastiraki you’ll go treasure hunting in the antique and flea markets. In covered markets and galleries around the historic centre, you’ll pause for a coffee or a bite to eat at the many cafes. You’ll find one-stop shopping at malls and department stores that house all the designer brands.
In ‘The bride of the north’, Thessaloniki, the markets attract customers from all over. In the centre, on aristocratic Proksenou Koromila Street, on Mitropoleos and its surrounding streets, window displays showcase the latest in couture, as well as designer labels. Tsimiski and Egnatia are the most famous shopping streets, while for a more luxury selection check out the boutiques in the pedestrian streets near Agia Sofia.
4. Wellness: Wellbeing has a long history in Greece. From antiquity to today, numerous thermal springs in the country have alleviated ailments, revitalising the body and the mind, stimulating and relaxing the body and soul. In every corner of Greece, from Crete to Halkidiki and from the islands to the Peloponnese, in luxury hotels and resorts, you’ll enjoy the ultimate in care, in true Mediterranean manner: spas with hammams, hydromassage and thalassotherapy, gyms, and the benefits of a Mediterranean diet.
Organic Greek products, seasonal fruit and local herbs, become the basis of a detoxifying regime that will make you feel like another person in just a few days. Personalised attention is a tradition: creams made from special oils with incredible aromas caress your skin and leave you feeling revitalised, refreshed.
5. Yachting: Just you and the big blue. Freedom to follow your own route, to carve your very own journey. Sailing through crystalline waters, mooring in hidden coves, exotic beaches, luxurious harbours and popular islands. The sea stretches as far as infinity, as do your choices. You reach your first sheltered destination. You drop anchor and dip into the technicolour water.
Back on board: sunbathing, good company and conversation, gourmet gastronomy and refreshing cocktails. The skilled and methodical crew is there to serve and to spoil you, providing for all your wants and needs. Need we say more? Yachting and luxury: a match made in heaven.
6. Golfing in Greece: Greece’s friendly climate with its mild winters, combined with stunning landscapes, makes it a great destination for golfers year-round. Enjoy your favourite sport combined with your luxury holiday at Greece’s impressive resorts: in Messinia at the Costa Navarino, in Corfu at Ermones in the Ropa Valley, in Rhodes at Afandou and in Elounda and Hersonissos in Crete, in Glyfada on the Athens Riviera, and in Sithonia in Halkidiki.