Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes, Corfu… there is a reason these are the most popular Greek islands
. Dreamy beaches with crystalline water and fine white sand, geological, archaeological and cultural monuments steeped in ancient history, luxurious accommodation with personalised service, authentic flavours, picture-perfect landscapes, dancing and having fun until the sun comes up, hospitality, new found friendships, and smiling faces.
These islands know how to deliver the best holiday experiences to those that visit them, again and again.
The 5 most popular islands in Greece
1. Santorini: You are in the Cyclades, in Oia, with the sunset in the background, painting the horizon several shades of pink and orange, enjoying the most beautiful holidays of your life.
2. Mykonos: You’re in the Hora of Mykonos, shopping on Matogiannia Street, sipping cocktails in Little Venice and dancing with a view of the beautifully-lit windmills. This island in the Cyclades will steal your heart.
3. Rhodes: It is the biggest island in the Dodecanese. You’re strolling along the cobblestones of Lindos, in the Old Town with the Palace of the Grand Masters and the Street of the Knights, lounging on endless sandy beaches.
4. Crete: In Crete, you’ll enjoy the luxury of your own sunbed on a magical private beach right under your suite. You’ll conquer the waves, water-skiing and sailing to nearby secluded islets. You’ll sample Crete’s famous mezedes paired with strong tsikoudia (the local firewater), toasting to your health and the beauty of the Mediterranean.
5. Corfu: Known as the ‘Grand Lady’ of the Ionian. You’re walking under the Liston arcades, at the Achillion Palace and the stunning Mon Repos. You’re enjoying its infinite beaches, taking breaks between swimming to enjoy both gourmet and traditional versions of the local cuisine.